I love playing with makeup — in fact, there is an entire shelf in my (rather large) linen closet devoted to the storage of beauty products. However, this summer I am making a real effort to take a “less is more” approach to my beauty routine. So far, I am proud to say that I have managed to pair my summer beauty routine down to five minutes, and seven essential products:
1. Nars Body Glow – One whiff of this bronzing oil and I am transported to a tropical paradise. My skin color generally fluctuates between “glow in the dark” and “wonder bread,” so I go through buckets of this stuff every summer.
2. Tarte Cheek Stain (In True Love) – The color looks a little intimidating in the tube, but it goes on as a soft, rosy, coral color. It’s a gel color, not a cream, so once it’s on it’s not budging until you take it off.
3. Benefit Boi-ing – I have tried many many concealers, and this is the only one that I’ve found that covers my circles and stays put without getting cakey.
4. NARS Hot Wired Lip Lacquer – The color is more pigmented than most pot glosses, and it stays put for hours. TIP – If applying with your finger, pat any leftover color onto your cheeks. Tada!
5. Garnier BB Cream – Sunscreen, moisturizer, and tinted base in one handy little tube. And the light/medium shade is actually light enough for me.
6. Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara – This stuff works TOO well. I have to be careful how much I use when I wear my glasses because my lashes can become lengthened to the point that they brush the glass every time I blink.
7. Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment – A few drops of this gives me smooth, frizz free waves no matter how high the humidity climbs.